Whether you’re about to move, or are simply one of those types who likes to ‘hoard things’; you may start to notice some tell-tale signs in your home, letting you know that you need to start using a self-storage facility.
Generally, people use self-storage when they notice that things in their home seem a little too cluttered for comfort. However, if you’re not great at picking up on the subtle signals that your house is sending you, here’s a brief, helpful guide.
Five signs that you need self-storage:
- You can’t shut your wardrobe doors. If you’re a dedicated follower of fashion, it’s important to make sure you’ve got enough space to indulge your haute-couture habit. Bulging wardrobes are a clear signal to either stop purchasing clothes, or put your winter wardrobe into storage when you’re not wearing it.
- Potential home-buyers gawp in dismay. Trying to sell your home, and noticing that potential buyers keep looking at your home with mild horror on their faces? If so, it could be to do with your clutter. Whether it’s an over-abundance of books, overwhelming heaps of DVDs and CDs, or simply too much furniture; crowded homes will send your buyers a clear message that your house doesn’t have enough room. Move some stuff into storage, and fast!
- Your files and folders have taken over your office. If you, like many other people, run a business from home, you may find that your invoices, bills and vital documents start to over-run your office space, not to mention the rest of the house. If this is the case, it’s definitely time to get some self-storage; Glasgow businesses, avoid this warning at your peril, or disappear under an alarming mountain of paperwork!
- You’ve got toys taking up cupboard space, even though your kids have flown the nest. If you’ve got ride-on scooters poking out the shed, disused trampolines on the lawn and thousands of old toys taking up valuable space in the home, it’s either time to sell them, donate them to a charity, or put them into storage. If you’re planning on passing them down to the grandkids, then self-storage may well be the answer.
- There’s certain rooms you don’t use any more… Plenty of people in Glasgow have rooms in their homes entirely devoted to storing things that they don’t use very often; what a waste of space! Rather than sacrificing a whole room to your clutter, hire self-storage in Glasgow and revel in the newly rediscovered room… just think of the possibilities!
The solution: Self storage in Glasgow
If you’re identifying with any (or all) of the above, and you want to find out more about putting your valuable possessions into storage, then it’s time to talk to GTW. We’ve got great rates for those looking to unclutter and enjoy more space in their homes.
To get in touch, just call the team on 0141 221 4727.