GTW Storage Services Ltd
This privacy statement tells you what to expect when GTW Storage Services Ltd (GTW) collects personal information from you, and details your rights.
GTW Storage Services Ltd (GTW) is a family run warehousing business established in 1903. Our business interests are the provision of storage, car parking and office space for rent, and the delivery of confidential shredding and data management services. The company’s registered office is 45 James Street, Glasgow G2 8NF.
We seek to operate to the highest standards of data protection and ensure we meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This means your personal data will be:
- processed fairly and in a transparent manner
- collected and used for valid, explicit and legitimate purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the reasons it was collected
- accurate and kept up to date
- only kept for as long as is necessary
- kept secure
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
GTW collects and uses personal data because it is necessary for:
- fulfilling our contractual obligations to customers, suppliers and shareholders
- compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations
- the Company’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and individuals’ interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
What personal data do we collect?
The personal information that GTW collects and how it’s used depends on our relationship with you.
|Relationship||Personal Information held||What is the information used for|
|Potential customer||Name & contact details, correspondence.||To respond to and follow up on a service enquiry.|
|Customer||Name & contact details, photocopy of student card if relevant, correspondence, contract documentation, invoice and payment records. Merchant receipt for card payments , includes long card number but no name or 3 digit security code||Contract management, debt management, responding to queries or complaints|
|Supplier||Name & contact details, correspondence||Contract management, supplier payment, responding to queries or complaints|
|Shareholder||Name & contact details, correspondence, shareholding and dividend records||Shareholder management|
|Job Applicants||Name & contact details, correspondence, CV and references||Recruitment management and selection|
|Visitors to GTW premises and car parks||CCTV cameras collect images of visitors to GTW's warehouse and car parks.||The images are used to monitor access, ensure the safety and security of individuals and property, and to detect crime.|
Who do we share personal information with?
Your information may be shared with GTW’s professional advisers, regulators or law enforcement agencies on a need to know basis.
|Organisation||Purpose of sharing data||Whose information may we share|
|Web Management Company||To support and manage the GTW website||Anonymised information about website visitors.
Potential customers enquiring via our website
|Accountants||To assist GTW with:|
- company audit and reporting
- compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations
|Customers, suppliers, shareholders, current and former employees|
|Lawyers||To assist GTW with:|
- debt management or other breach of contract
- other legal issues relevant to the company's operation
|Customers, suppliers, current and former employees, shareholders, CCTV images|
|HR Advisers||To assist GTW with:|
- recruitment & selection
- ensure our compliance with legal and regulatory obligations
- HR and performance management
|Job Applicants, current and former Employees, CCTV images|
|IT Suppliers||To support and manage GTW's IT infrastructure.||Potential customers, customers, suppliers, shareholders, job applicants, current and former employees, visitors|
|Regulators||To meet our legal obligations||Anyone we have a relationship with, when required to do so by law|
|Law Enforcement Agencies||Where there is a safeguarding imperative, for example national or pubic security, or the prevention, detection or prosecution of crime||Anyone we have a relationship with or who is visiting our premises|
How do we keep information up to date?
Should your contact details change during your relationship with GTW, please notify us by emailing email@example.com or by writing to GTW Storage Services LTD, 45 James Watt Street, Glasgow, G2 8NF
Staff will regularly check the personal information of customers when they visit or phone
How long do we keep your information?
As a general rule, personal information is deleted immediately from our contract management and financial databases at the end of the contract term.
As a general rule records are archived in a secure area at the end of the financial year. Records are then kept for up to 10 years for accounting purposes. Secure destruction takes place on our premises.
CCTV images are retained for30 days and then deleted or overwritten
How do we protect your data?
The following security measures are in place within GTW’s premises. These help secure customers’ goods in storage, as well as the personal data we hold on customers, suppliers and others:
- GTW’s warehouse and car parks are monitored by CCTV
- Customers sign in at reception and there is code entry access past reception
- Intruder and fire alarms are monitored 24 hours a day and are fully maintained
- All storage areas are locked and access is restricted
Security measures such firewalls, virus checking, access controls, back up and archiving procedures protect our IT infrastructure from data loss, and unauthorised access or use.
Should a data breach occur that is likely to result in a high risk to the rights or freedoms of individuals, we will notify those concerned.
Our employees are subject to a duty of confidentiality
Under the GDPR regulations, you have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you
- the right to object our processing of your information based on grounds relating to your particular situation
- the right to erasure, i.e. request deletion or removal of all personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information. The ICO is the statutory body which oversees data protection law, see ico.org.uk/concerns
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to GTW Storage Services LTD, 45 James Watt Street, Glasgow G2 8NF.
We will respond to all requests within 1 month and earlier where possible.
We will not charge for dealing with a request unless it is manifestly unfounded or excessive.