As we are approaching a new calendar year, businesses will be looking for extra space to store surplus office furniture, customer tables and chairs or other bits and bobs they have accumulated throughout the year.
There are several things you should always do before placing your items into self-storage. This ‘to do’ list will help you to get organised and maximise your storage space.
- Choose the right storage facility for your business
- The most important factor to consider is location. You want to choose a storage facility that is handy for your business and allows you to drop off and pick up your items as you please.
- Consider the security of your unit
- We understand that security can be a major concern for customers and it’s a concern we take seriously. Throughout our warehouse and carpark, we have CCTV and only authorised people are allowed to access your unit. Our loading and unloading areas are also secure.
- Work out what size of unit you need
- Of course, the size of your unit is equally important. Too small and you do not have the space to add your belongings; too big and you’re wasting money. Our experienced team can help you work this based on what sort of items you’re storing!
- Pack everything correctly
- During the packing stage, you should label and/or number every box so you can find everything again without a hitch. Stumbling through boxes and unpacking everything to find one item is not ideal and, as a business owner, you don’t have that kind of time to spare either.
To speak to one of our friendly team about business storage, then email us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring on 0141 221 4727.